Use the Defense Travel System (DTS): DTS must be used for all orders and vouchers. You will be provided an itinerary 2 weeks before the start of your course; DTS orders will not be approved without a complete itinerary. One DTS order will cover the entire Keystone course, simply add unit funding data for expenses not paid by NDU (see table below).
Airline tickets: Transportation to and from Washington, DC should be done via DTS. To help save funds, please book round trip tickets, with flights departing DC on the final class day after 1600 (DCA) or 1700 (IAD). All other transportation within the course (travel to Suffolk, GTMO, El Paso, Omaha, etc.) is coordinated by Keystone via military air. In DTS, indicate transportation mode as OTHER with 0800 departures for this travel.
Rental Cars: Keystone provides all your transportation needs so rental cars are not authorized or necessary.
Lodging: Keystone will reserve and pay all lodging via block reservations. Lodging should be $0 on all orders/vouchers as it is paid for as a group with a corporate billing account.
Orders and Vouchers: Keystone will provide Cross Organization (CrossOrg) funding 2 weeks before your course start date. Cross Org LOA will be 20 KEYSTN 37KK. Fund Cites are not provided.
Tips on creating orders:
- all lodging $0
- select KeystoneFellow routing list on the digital signature page
- all locations must be reflected in DTS
- NDU to coordinate within course travel
- only ticket you need to book is to DC to start course and home from DC at course conclusion
- cross org LOA to select for NDU covered expenses is "19 Keystone"
Expenses Covered by NDU
- all lodging
- all per diem
- airline tickets to and from Washington DC Airline tickets must be purchased using a individual travel credit card or unit CBA for reimbursement. All travel within the course is coordinated by NDU. NDU does not reimburse airline tickets from Norfolk to DC due to excessive cost. NDU will reimburse two one way rental cars in lieu of an airline ticket from the Norfolk area. NDU requests that Fellows coming from the Fort Bragg/Camp Lejeune/Cherry Point area consider driving or renting a car to save on expensive airline costs. If you choose a rental car, you will need two reservations, driving up and turning the car in before the class, and driving another car home after graduation. It is against the JTR's to keep a car while you are not using it - so you can't rent a car for the two weeks of Keystone due to the course travel out of the DC area.
- Taxi fees to and from airports only.
Expenses Covered by Fellow’s Unit/Service
- excess baggage
- phone calls
- internet usage fees
- home airport parking if taxi to and from airport is less expensive.
Out of town Fellows: One order and voucher should be completed encompassing the entire course dates.
Local Fellows: One order and voucher should be completed that include the travel dates outside of DC only (Suffolk, Key West, GTMO, El Paso, Offutt AFB)